1. “You’re still here?”
Yes. I’m still here. Alive. Breathing. Working. Being productive.
2. “Wait, what are you doing here?”
I have a job…blah blah. (They’ve stopped listening.)
3. “So what year are you again?”
Ah, what a gem of a question. (Especially if you’re like me, and look like a high schooler.) No, um, I actually was a senior last year. No. No, I’m not kidding. Continue reading “10 Of The (Annoying AF) Questions You Get When You Live In Your College Town Post Graduation”
First of all, take a deep breath.
Second of all, know this: you will be fine.
This is the moment you’ve probably been waiting for/simultaneously dreading since you very first freshman lecture, am I right? The moment when your afternoon naps and Wine Wednesdays become somewhat less acceptable. The moment when wearing pj’s for an entire day, or staying up until 3AM, or eating pizza for breakfast are no longer productive, normal habits.
Walking across that stages means you are finally a legitimate, real-life human that is required to participate in the act of adulting on the daily.
…Sh*t. Continue reading “Read This If You’re Totallyyyyy Freaking Out About Graduating College”
1. Still eating the same sh*tty food you did in college. Because organic produce is damn expensive and that’s not going to change just because you’ve walked across a stage.
2. Pretending you have your life together. Except you really don’t and everyone knows it. Oh well, at least you’re trying.
3. Constantly answering, (aka deflecting) questions about your post-grad life. Yes, you’ve mastered the fine art of deflection, for example, when someone asks you about your job search, you flip the question on them, “I heard your business is going quite well…tell me everything about it!” Then sit patiently, trying your best not to yawn. Continue reading “This Is What Being A College Grad Is Really Like”