1. Spend way too much money on a lavish dinner date. And learn the value of treating yourself.
2. Buy spontaneous concert tickets for a band/artist/dj you’ve never heard of. And realize how fun it is to live life unplanned sometimes.
3. Date a girl/guy that’s completely wrong for you. And learn what you deserve. Continue reading “21 Mistakes You Should Definitely Be Making In Your Twenties (Because They’ll Actually Improve Your Life)”
This piece was originally published on Thought Catalog
1. Your first thought when seeing something cool, beautiful, or artistic is, ’Wow, this would be a great Instagram pic.’
2. You reach for your phone the second you wakeup.
3. At the end of the day, you scroll through all the Instagram pics from the past 24 hours.
4. You wonder what filter would make the sunset you look better.
5. You frequently update your page to see how many ‘likes’ you’ve gotten in the past few days.
6. You get nervous when you go out without a fully-charged phone.
7. In the middle of a conversation, you hear someone say something catchy and start thinking, ’Wow, that’d be a great Tweet.’
Continue reading “21 Signs Your Excessive Social Media Habits Are Deffffinitely Ruining Your Life”
This week I’m in a writing workshop that is dominated, largely, by men and women with quite a few years under their belts. Needless to say I’m the only one in my fresh-out-of-college years.
I’m the only 20-something.
The youngster, the youngin’, the youthful one.
Que whatever words to describe the baby of the group.
At first I wasn’t sure how to feel. This isn’t my first experience being in a community of writers where I’m on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to age. Perhaps people feel that there is more to write about/em>, and a better sense of self to write from with age.
I get that. But I don’t agree. Continue reading “I Am A 20-Something”